Sunday, August 5, 2007

The Return of the Bike

Today, my father had a great plan. He is painting a person's house, and they told him about a bike trail in Olympia. I was still a little physical and emotionally scarred from my last bike incident. (see stop, drop, and roll) But, I enjoy biking so much, that I decided to give the Chehalis Western Trails bike path a try. My Dad, sister, and I got our bikes loaded into the truck and drove to the path. The bike path is an old railroad line that has been converted into a bike path. It was a glorious place to ride a bike. It was paved, relatively flat, scenic, and even had two lanes like a road. We cruised through the luscious forest and alongside a golf course. The trail also included several bridges that went over the traffic below. My sister and I yelled war cries as we crossed over the bridge and watched the cars go by below. It was a terrific bike ride. For today, we went around 10 miles. I even stopped along the trail to pick some wild blackberries and apples. Hopefully, they hadn't sprayed them with weed killer. I hope to soon go back to those wondrous trails.

No comments: