Sunday, August 5, 2007

Cleaning Bathrooms: a Life Changing Event

My brother and I clean a local office buildings on the weekends. Today, my brother is sick, so my sister went to clean with me. I hadn't really realized how much I appreciate my brother's work. I'm not saying my sister is a bad worker, to the contrary, she is a great worker. The problem is me. My mom drove us down to the office, I forget the keys. My brother usually does that. So we had to drive home to get the keys and then drive back. Now, on a usual day, my brother cleans the bathrooms and I clean the floors. This time, I got stuck with cleaning the bathrooms. What a job! I didn't ever appreciate the work my brother did, until I had to do it myself. While scrubbing the toilets, I just had to try and find a happy place. It wasn't easy. But, my sister and I got the job done. Sometimes, until you fill another person's shoes, or use their toilet scrubber, you don't know how valuable their work is. I was glad my sister was able to help in place of my brother today. I hope my brother gets better soon.

No comments: