Friday, August 17, 2007

Roughing It?

All summer long, there has been one thing I have really wanted to do. Maybe I've been watching too much Man vs. Wild, maybe it's a man thing. I don't know, but I've really wanted to sleep out in the woods. And I mean in the woods. A man made fort, no food, no sleeping bag. Only a knife and water bottle.

Yesterday was the closest I have come this summer to that. My siblings and I went out to our grandparents house at Spencer Lake. It was too late to build my fort, so I settled for option two, our tent. It was fun. We didn't really "rough it" though. We watched a movie on my brother's laptop. We weren't out in the woods, and we had flashlights, sleeping bags, bug spray, and a bathroom nearby. We also had a great french toast breakfast cooked by my grandma. My first attempt at roughing it out in the woods wasn't very rough, but it was fun. And who knows, the summer isn't over, and maybe I can still fulfill my wish.

No comments: