Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Sweet and Sour Experience

Have you ever heard the saying a good thing gone bad? Today, I lived that saying, and some. My mom had bought some new finagled "organic" milk. I decided I might as well give it a try. There were multiple bottles, so I just grabbed one. As I was pouring it, I thought the consistency seemed off, but then again, it was organic, what did I know. I took a sip, and thought it tasted really weird. This quickly turned into a gagging reflex, I felt like puking. The milk was old, really old. I still wasn't sure if it was maybe just me, so I asked my mom if she knew the milk tasted bad. She said she knew it was old, and was saving it for a cake. My first thought was why would she leave it with the good milk, and a close second, why would she use such nasty milk in a cake. Well, she made the cake and I must tell you, it was delicious. The good milk had gone bad, and then the bad milk made good, really good. To tell you the truth, I am a little scarred from this experience. I a little afraid of trying organic milk again. I also learned some good life lessons today. Don't drink old milk, don't store old milk for a cake with the good milk, and man does sour milk make a mean chocolate cake.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Thanks for being a good sport. Sorry about the milk confusion. Glad you liked the cake.