Sunday, August 26, 2007

Jumping Tree


Yesterday, my brother and I returned to the tree. Just a few days ago, we had found the perfect tree to jump off into the lake. It was my brother's last day at home before college, and the trip to the tree almost didn't happen.

We had to kayak across the lake to the tree. Others were using the kayaks, so we had to wait. Then, too many people wanted to go to the tree, and we couldn't all go as hard as we tried. While attempting a mid-lake kayak loading, the kayak tipped over when my brother tried to jump in it. My brother then had to swim it all the way to shore, and drain the water out. Time was running out for when he had to leave for college, and we didn't think we had time to go to the tree. It then started sprinkling, but we decided to paddle to the tree as quickly as possible for one last quick trip.

We finally got to the tree. My brother jumped off enough times for me to get a good picture while I was floating in the kayak. When we got back to the house, it started pouring down rain. It was almost symbolic. While our final trip to the tree didn't quite work out as planned, we still did it. Thankfully, this time when the kayak tipped over, it wasn't in the middle of the lake, in the lily pads, and at dusk. (one of my semi-near death experiences)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Danny,
You boys scare your Grandma! I know, boys will be boys.
Grandma