Thursday, August 23, 2007

Day at the Lake

Today, it finally felt like summer. It was such a nice day, I decided to go kayaking and swimming with my cousins. It was a great time. We saw a frog, tried to catch fish, and played on a raft. It was also the return to "poop island". Let me explain. Several years ago, while exploring the lily pads at the lake, we found a floating mass of mud. It was covered in birds, and their poop, so we named it bird poop island. We even made a flag for it. The name has now been shortened to poop island, but the floating mass is there every year. It was fun to stand on the island and sink down to your knees in mud.

Another highlight was finding a tree we could jump off of into the lake. The drop was over 15 feet, and was a blast. It was a day of fun and adventure, but the real find of the day belonged to my cousin. My cousin found an old wallet near the shore underwater. It was full of credit cards, and even had some money in it. The attempt to find the wallets owner was unsuccessful. It was nice to return to my former stomping grounds, reclaim poop island, find a tree to jump off, and a wallet. I would say it was a very productive day.

1 comment:

Mary said...

The police department is going to help you find the wallet owner. I'm sure he'll be happy to know his identity was safe at the bottom of the lake and with an honest young man.