Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Pane Pain

Today, I helped out my Dad at the house he is painting. My job was to mask "the door". Now, this was no ordinary front door. This door had glass windows, lots of glass windows. I had to mask each one of these windows. It would have been one thing if the windows were rectangles with straight lines and 90 degree angles, but they were triangles and diamonds. Each angle had to be hand cut, and carefully placed. I also felt pressure that this was someones front door, so I had better do a good job. It also didn't help that I am a perfectionist. I spent three hours masking this one door. And let me tell you, that is a long time to spend ripping tape and putting it on glass.

As I spent hours masking the door, I thought of a good life lesson. Sometimes in life, one may spend a long time doing the hard work, only to have someone else do the quick easy part and get all the glory. I didn't mind doing the long, tedious part for my Dad. I was glad to be able to help him out. I was just a little demoralized to think the same thing has to be done for the backdoor.

1 comment:

anita said...

lol, you're a very good writer!