Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Unbright and Early

Today, very early today, I saw something you don't see very often. I'd say once in a blue moon. There was a lunar eclipse. Yesterday, my friend had told me there was going to be an eclipse around four in the morning. I wanted to set an alarm clock so I could wake up to see it, but during the summer, I don't believe in using alarm clocks. Just ask my parents, they are my own personal human alarm clocks. Anyways, I just so happened to wake up at four in the morning, so I decided to see the eclipse. It was kind of cool. I tried to take a picture of it, but I was so out of it I was having trouble distinguishing the eclipse from the street light below it on the camera.

Note: a lunar eclipse occurs when the earth casts a shadow on the moon
a solar eclipse occurs when the moon casts a shadow on the sun

No comments: