Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Trip Amazing, Not Mariners

Today, I returned to Safeco Field for yet another fabulous Mariners game. This time, it was with my uncle, cousin, and grandpa. We got to the ferry with time to spare, unlike last time. We got to the stadium early again, I was still hoping to get an autograph. Last game, only my sister got an autograph. This time, my cousin and I stood for an hour and watched as the kid five feet from us got the autographs. Let me explain. At the Mariners game, there are expensive tickets, and then there are really expensive tickets. As in $150 a seat expensive. This kid happened to be the lucky owner of one of those exclusive seats, and was able to stick his head down in the dugout and get multiple autographs. Us poor guys five feet away from him couldn't manage one. Oh well.

I was very excited with our seats. This was going to be the first game I sat in the lower level. Well, to be technical, the first time I payed for a seat in the lower level. Our seats were in center field and were amazing. Well, not the actual seats themselves, but the view we had from them was. We had a great view of Ichiro and his stretching. After the last out of an inning, Ichiro threw the ball up into the stands. It was caught five rows in front of us, yes only five. It was almost my first time getting a game ball. Why couldn't you have thrown it just a little harder Ichiro?

My grandpa was sitting next to me for the first inning, his purchased seat was a few rows ahead of us, but the seat next to me was empty. But eventually, the seats true owner wanted his seat. Let me tell you, G-pops was a way better person to sit by. First off, he is fun and entertaining and has a great perspective on the game. The new person who sat by me took up the entire shared armrest, and had the annoying habit of constantly bouncing his leg. This was very irritating as it shook my seat, but eventually, I was able to ignore it.

The game was a blowout. The Angels killed the Mariners, it wasn't even close. There were some good defensive plays by both sides though. And even though it was a loss, it was still a fantastic experience overall. Halfway through the game, I told my relatives from LA that they should switch sides and root for the Angels. They didn't though. What a great example of true Mariner fans.

After the game, we walked to China Town. We went to a Chinese restaurant courtesy of my uncle. The food was good, maybe too good. On the walk back to the ferry, I almost lost it, all of it. It was a close one. On the walk to the ferry, we saw a man "watering" a tree, that's not something you see every day. Or, want to see any day. Thankfully, we were able to make the early ferry home. It was packed, so we decided to stand outside on the front deck. Thanks Uncle Ed for blocking the young kids spit from hitting the rest of us with your face. It was much appreciated. Even though the outcome of the game wasn't what we had hoped, the trip to the Mariners game was way more fun than we expected.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

please don't remind me of that.i don't lost my appetite when i saw.