Saturday, August 11, 2007

You Don't Even Have to Pedal

Today, I did something I had never done before. It may be hard to believe, but I had never been on a dirtbike, or any equivalent motorized machine. Where my father is working, the two young boys brought out their little Honda 50 "motorcycle". I was secretly wishing I could take it for a spin. One of the boys asked if I wanted to try it out, and I was ecstatic. I rode around on the little bike, the brakes didn't work so I didn't want to go too fast. I even got to give my little sister a ride on it. It was a fun ride, but I was a little scared when my sister was driving. Even though it was really small and couldn't go very fast, I still loved it. I can't believe it took me so long to ride a dirtbike, I think I'm hooked.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my first dirtbike ride wasn't nearly so encouraging. it doesn't quite make you want to take another swing at it when you incidentally drive the bike halfway up a tree.
glad you didn't get the controls mixed up like me-
eric