Monday, January 28, 2008

sNOw Day Off

Today was an interesting day. All weekend, I had been furiously studying to prepare for a midterm in one of my classes. I stayed up late last night studying, and didn't get a very good nights sleep. I woke up to around an inch of snow on the ground. Not unusual this time of year, but it was so cold, the roads were like a sheet of ice. Nearly all schools around were late state or cancelled, but not surprisingly the college wasn't.

My father decided to drive me and my sister to school, and with my youngest sister having school cancelled, she decided to tag along too. Nearly to the school, I got a call (thanks Eric) that school was cancelled. Usually this is good news, but not when I was nearly to school and was ready for my midterm. I also had a question on a large project due on Wednesday, so I won't have a chance to ask about it.

Not all was in vain though. My dad purchased some bathroom remodeling supplies in Olympia. We went to a nice breakfast. We also added another member to our clan. It took some convincing, but my youngest sister and I finally got our parents to let us get a pet rat. My sister is really excited as it is her first pet. I believe it is around the 4th pet rat in the family. Its predecessors include the famous Mattie, Sam, Pip and Squeak. Not to mention a few other rodents such as the suicidal Cutie, and that one Guinea pig we had. I believe my sister named her Janitor, Jan for short. She decided on this name because it likes to clean itself.

Unfortunately, I didn't get a lot accomplished today. I was so tired and even though I didn't have classes, I didn't get any extra sleep. With the new pet, lack of sleep, and other things to do, I didn't get nearly as much homework done as I needed. I guess I shall have another marathon homework session tomorrow. This is starting to be my life. One homework marathon after another, and let me tell you, these are not any fun.

1 comment:

Justine said...

I feel your pain about the homework marathon plight.