Friday, January 18, 2008

Emotional Roller Coaster

Today was a very strange day, filled with emotional highs and lows. I was happy to finally be able to sleep in, I had been pushing the boundary sleep wise. My young cousins were also coming up from Oregon, and I was happy to see them. It was fun going to coffee and a store with them. While they were taking a nap, I went jogging. This almost never fails to make me feel alive and in good spirits. But soon after things started not being so fun.

My cousin got sick, never any fun for any party involved. I felt so sorry for her. This made our dinner plans for my grandpa's birthday party on hold. Things were never quite as relaxed when you wondered with every noise or movement if someone was going to throw up again. Dinner tasted good, almost too good. After dinner, it was sad when my cousins had to rush to where they are staying for the night, and decide they are leaving early tomorrow.

I then I had to focus my attention on a test I had to take online for one of my classes. As this was my first time doing such a thing, I was nervous and didn't know what to expect. I took the test, and for a variety of reasons, didn't do nearly as well as I had hoped. This put me in a really bad mood, and kind of capped off a rather strange, emotional roller coaster of a day.

No comments: