Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Running and Reinterpreting

Today I was all ready for my first Spanish test in my new class. I studied for several days leading up to it, had done all the homework, and felt a fairly good mastery over the subjects covered. I even had a three hour break before class to study. So, I was surprised when I got to my class and the teacher said we weren't going to take the test today.

I was a little bit disappointed, but much more relieved. The only problem, we were taking the test. You see, my Spanish teacher has a tendency to ramble off long speeches only in Spanish. Of course, this is obviously acceptable in a Spanish class. For some reason, I had misinterpreted her Spanish. She said we were going to take the test later on in the class, I thought she said not at all. I was pretty surprised when she said we would be starting the test in 5 minutes. Thankfully, I had already studied hard, and didn't need to use the class period before the test to cram. After taking the test, I actually feel like I probably did okay. That is the way I usually after these tests.

I also went running today. I believe it has been a week straight now, and at least 20 out of the past 25 days. I am really enjoying it.

1 comment:

Nate said...

You're ripped. mentally and physically.