Sunday, January 6, 2008

Costco Conversation

Today I ate at Costco. While I was sitting there eating, I heard a man say something brilliant. He said, "stupidity has nothing to do with age, there are stupid young people, and there are stupid old people." I am not quite sure why he said this, but I thought it was funny, yet true. A lot of times, it seems people lump one age, gender, race, or any other group of people into one stereotype. Yet, these stereotypes are almost always wrong, and definitely not true about everyone in that group. Little good can come from lumping people into a group, especially if it has to do with stupidity. I just hope their conversation didn't arise from them seeing me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is in response to your question on my running blog. I think you should increase the time you can run and still feel okay. This tends to be a better indicator of fitness. Speed ( and thus distance) will take care of itself. If you can run steady for 1 hour then you can run even faster for 50 minutes, faster for 40 minutes, etc. Look for three phases:
1. Warm Up - (15-20 minutes)
2. Relaxed Running (20 - ? minutes)
3. Fatigue - (burning desire to be done)

The idea is to increase # 2.

Keep me updated.