Thursday, January 31, 2008

Getting Lost in HD

Today, I found what was Lost. Yesterday, our new pet rat escaped. Try as we might, we couldn't find it. I think it was quite happy with its newfound life of freedom. That, and we had only had it for two days, so it is still scared of people. I thought it would never be seen again, at least alive.

This morning, I awoke to the sound of my mom calling for help. No, she wasn't hurt. She needed help catching the rat. She had quietly sat in our office, and the rat poked its head out from behind a filing cabinet. I thought now that we knew where it was, it would be easy to catch. I trapped it behind the filing cabinet. It had no where to go but into our waiting hands. I used a board to gently coax it out into the open. It kept managing to escape back to its hideout behind the filing cabinet.

I finally had it in my hand, but it somehow managed to wiggle its way out. It then ran behind our computer. I moved the desk a little bit. This time, I really had it trapped. I could see it, there was nowhere for it to go. I stared it down, this was not funny anymore. After several failed attempts at grabbing it, it made a run for it. I was under the desk, lying on the floor. It was able to run and wedge itself under my belly. I was now in quite the predicament. Move, and it might run away, either that, or get crushed by my large belly. Somehow, the pesky pet was able to escape my grasp and make a break for freedom. I had no clue where it was.

After searching for a while, and recruiting my sister to help, we had it enclosed in a closet. Even then, this rat wasn't going down without a fight. I finally was able to use a box and strategically pin it in a corner. Yes, Janitor the rat had been caught. But I must admit, I was very impressed with the speed, skill, and smartness of this little rodent. It eluded us for a day, and even when we found it, it out ran three people for half an hour. I mean, I worked up a sweat trying to catch her.

Not only had we found/captured our pet that was lost, tonight was the season premiere of season four of my favorite show, Lost. How ironic. Let me tell you, it was amazing to finally get to watch Lost on our new TV. As I like to say, everything is better in HD.

No comments: