Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Snow Day of Amazingness

Today, I finally got the snow event I have been waiting for. The "man" was predicting snow for our area last night, the past few times he had let me down, so I wasn't expecting much from him. Yet this time, it snowed. And snow it did, I would say we had almost 4 inches.

The only bad news, my school is in Olympia 30 miles away, and they didn't have nearly the same amount of snow. This meant that my school was on as normal in Olympia even though all the schools in Shelton were closed. The snow was too heavy and amazing for me to make it to my 9:00am class. Instead, I stayed home and played in the snow all morning.

My sisters and I built a 7 foot tall snowman. It all started with me rolling as big a snowball as I could. It took all of us to roll it up my driveway and into the front yard. This is by far the biggest snowman I have ever built. Unfortunately, it has a striking resemblance to the Leaning Tower of Pisa, and I fear it may eventually fall over. I also went sledding for a while. Overall, I would say today was a near perfect snow day, except for missing a morning class but still having to go to school for an afternoon class.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Danny (and fam),
Thought of your giant snowman when I found this video concert on Borders.com. The song called "Men of Snow" at http://www.bordersmedia.com/shows/live01/michaelson.asp

Nancy D.