Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thursday of Glory

Today was a nice day, a potentially 3000 dollar sort of nice day. With getting to bed earlier than normal, I woke up feeling a little bit sore, but refreshed and ready for the day. I went and played pickleball for a couple hours. While I didn't play great, I played well and had fun. I then came home and ate a nice lunch before heading off to school for my one class of the day.

But before I left for school, I finished another scholarship application. I got all the pieces ready, the deadline was tomorrow, so I was pushing it a little bit. It is a scholarship where "several" three thousand dollar scholarships are rewarded to people who live in my area. While I don't have my hopes up that I will get the scholarship, there is always a chance.

I then attended my one class before the weekend. Last Spanish class we had a test and I didn't feel I did very good on it. I actually felt like I did quite bad. I got the test back and did way better than I had thought. This always makes one happy. It is better to think you did bad, and then do good. When the opposite happens, it is rather depressing.

When I got home I quickly got ready for soccer tryouts. I had told the coach I was going to be late. I got to the field at around 4:17pm. By the time I found the coach, talked to him, and was placed in a group doing a drill, I only got to play for around 20 minutes. Tryouts were over before 4:45pm, at least I am showing I am committed I guess.

When I got home, I checked the mail. I got a letter of acceptance from University of Washington. This is the second college I have been accepted to, and a place I could end up going next year. And to top everything off, today is Thursday. That means a new episode of Lost. An episode that I must say was amazing. Overall, today was amazing.

No comments: