Monday, February 25, 2008

Build Up

Today I had a lot of important things to do, that to be quite honest, I was rather nervous about. I don't know if that was the reason, but I felt sick this morning. I have had a bad cough the past few days, and was worried I was going to be hacking away during my presidential debate in my class.

The debate went great. I gave a speech of why I, Fred Thompson, should be president. Not only did people actually laugh at the part I hoped they would, the whole class cheered when I was done. I guess it was a moving speech. I felt sort of sorry for the next candidate. John McCain. He hadn't planned a speech like I had, so while his was good, when he ended the room was silent. After a long, rather uneasy quiet, a few people clapped.

During the debate, I felt I had done a good job of being prepared. I was actually way over prepared as we didn't touch on a lot of the subjects I was prepared for, but it is better to be over prepared than under. We opened up for a question and answer period. The audience member were mainly asking questions of the other two candidates. Each time someone did this, after the people directed the questions would answer, I would answer. I did so in a very Fred Thompson way, saying I think my opinion and what I have to say matters, and I didn't know why they didn't want me to answer the question. It was humorous. In the end, I was kind of disappointed when it was over, it had been so much fun.

Soccer tryouts, were not quite as fun. They weren't that bad, they were just painful. The cough I mentioned made it hard to breathe at times, and I would go in to fits of coughing. Overall though, tryouts weren't that bad or that good. I did just about as I expected.

Actually, the more time passes after the tryouts, the more painful they were. I have been getting extremely bad cramps in my legs. The kind where you can't move, and can only yell in pain. When I try to move to stretch out one area that is cramping, another area starts to cramp. I just chowed down a banana, and that is supposed to help. I also need to stretch more right after tryouts, to try and stop a buildup of lactic acid. Oh how I hate thee, thy lactic acid build up.

No comments: