Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Day Before Tomorrow

Today I had a lot of things to accomplish. I wrote down 15 things I wanted/needed to do today last night. I did a fairly good job, I think I did 10 out of the 15 things on my list.

One of the more pressing needs, was to get some new soccer cleats. Tryouts start tomorrow, and my old cleat just gave out the other day. I went to a sports store, and had about 10 pairs to choose from. I didn't want or need the $79.99 pair, didn't really like the bizarre color combinations on others, and needed a pair that were comfortable. In the end, I got a pair I liked for a good price. I wanted them in black, but they only had them in white. I'll live, but the cleats new looks won't.

I took them out for a test kick with my sisters. I wasn't too happy. I don't know if it was me, the shoes, me thinking it was the shoes, the ball, or what. I just didn't do that good. I think I was a little bit tired, and trying a bit too hard. Hopefully, I do better at tryouts. I've had some bad experiences at tryouts, but I'll save those stories for another day when tryouts aren't the next day.

I also went to a pet store today. Not on the list, but a nice bonus. We were buying some fish for my father's classroom. I enjoy spending time in pet stores, looking at all the animals. Today I saw 7 mice trying to run on the same wheel in different directions., it was funny. It was also funny, watching the employee trying to catch the fish for us. They are fast, and don't want to be caught. He was good at it though, a seasoned veteran, but than again it is his job. I can only image people wanting a specific fish in the hundreds of fish, and only settling for that one.

I also prepared for a debate I am part of tomorrow. The strange thing, I am debating as another person. I am Fred Thompson in the class. I am part of a Republican debate on domestic issues. We shall see how it goes, and how studied up I was on the topic. I think it will be fun, either that, or horribly and unforgettably embarrassing. One of those two.

I did a lot today, mainly in getting prepared for tomorrow. I have even more stuff to do tomorrow, and a few things I am a little bit nervous about. I think it will be okay though, I guess as long as I don't do something stupid in the debate or at tryouts.

No comments: