Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Floored by Hard Wood

Today I helped my father install hard wood floor down our hallway. We had installed hardwood in our living room, and finally were continuing it down the hallway. The roar of the air compressor and pounding of the nail gun had returned to our house.

My job is to lay out the wood, and plan it to look "random". You want to look out for patterns, pieces ending too close together, colors matching etc. It is actually quite a bit of work. It is hard to purposefully and orderly make something appear random. I think I have done a fairly good job. What didn't work out too well though, is we are halfway done, but more than halfway out of wood. We don't think we have enough to finish. So we need to buy more. I think I found a good deal on Craigslist, maybe we will buy enough to redo our office.

No comments: