Sunday, September 16, 2007

Utter-ance Perfection

Today, I was able to use my new favorite saying. It isn't really that much of a saying, it is more an utterance or emotional outburst. I love to say aiyah. Why, I don't know. It is a Chinese exclamation, and I love it.

I was in the store with my sister. She was picking out some food to take to a potluck she was already 10 minutes late to. I was trying to say she should just get a container of cookies, but she wanted to continue to look around. I belted out an aiyah, a little bit louder than I wanted. The lady shopper by us really got a kick out of it for some reason. I don't know if she was laughing at the situation, the way I look, or the aiyah. I like to think it was the perfectly executed aiyah. AIYAH!

1 comment:

Justine said...

'Aiyoo' is also a Chinese utterance which has a similar meaning -or no meaning at all, really- to 'aiyah'. Haha. Just letting you know. God bless.