Saturday, September 29, 2007

Doggone It

Have you ever heard the saying, let a sleeping dog lie? Well, I think it should be changed to don't let a sleeping dog lie next to you. Last night, I was really tired and trying to fall asleep. Most nights, the family dog, Red, sleeps in my room. When I let him in my room at night, he goes straight to my bed and lies down right in the middle. One night, this happened so I just slept with my feet on top of him. Last night, was such a night. I tried to get him to move, but he wouldn't. Then, Red started snoring. This was no ordinary snoring either, it was unnaturally loud. It sounded like a cows mooing for some strange reason. I kept pushing him, hoping he would move or stop snoring, but I had no such luck. The snoring got louder and the noises more bizarre. Eventually, the noises stopped. Oh wait, that is because I fell asleep. The moral of this rather strange story, don't let a snoring dog lie by you, and take up all your bed.

1 comment:

Nate said...

I wouldn't take that from my dog.