Monday, September 3, 2007

This Heat is Not Normal

Today, it was hot again. Surprise, surprise. I don't think I could ever get used to it being this hot, but I am constantly told that this heat is not normal. You bet it's not normal. It is not normal when you leave ripe bananas in the car for a little while and they come out jet black from the heat. It is not normal for the inside of a house to be above 90 degrees after 8:00pm. Not normal for the toilet and toilet paper to be warm, and the shampoo, and the clothes you are wearing or going to wear. It is not right, normal, or cool.

This morning, I accompanied my relatives to their aunt's house. It was a nice place to stay with air conditioning and cable. They also cooked a very good meal for us. The reason we went there was because my uncle was taking his brother in law to go look at a car with him. My uncle ended up buying the car, it is really nice. It is the exact same model of car our family owns, just a few years newer. Riding home in the car, I was reminded of being at my home with my family, and missed them. It also made me think of driving and my driving test that is coming up soon. I am glad that I don't have to drive in LA, I don't think I am ready for that, it's intense down here. Thanks for chauffeuring me around Ed and Kathleen.

After that, we stopped by a Chinese supermarket. It was basically the only store in LA to still have air conditioners, and I was basically the only white guy in the entire store. They ended up buying an air conditioner. It should help with this extreme heat.

After stopping by the house and setting up the air conditioner, we left for another fun day at the beach to beat the heat. The beach was packed, again. This beach had bigger waves, and the boogie boarding was spectacular. I saw a couple dolphins swim by really close to the shore. It was almost surreal, that is not something I have ever seen before. We returned home after the beach, the house was waiting for us with probably 95+ degree heat. We are now in the process of trying to cool the house down, it is a slow process. I got an email from my mom that there was a thunderstorm and rain up in Shelton. What I wouldn't give for a little rain, or even just some cooler weather.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Too bad you didn't take our air conditioner with you. We've hardly used it.

Mom