Sunday, September 9, 2007

Free Rides, Cheap Weapons, Priceless View

Today, after church, we had a picnic dinner at a really cool park. The park itself wasn't so grand, it wasn't bad either, but the view it had was spectacular. The park was located up on a hill, and had a great view of LA. You could see 20 miles in each direction. Dodger Stadium was directly in front of us. It was probably the best viewpoint you could find in LA.

After that, we stopped by a fancy hotel, the Westin Bonaventure. Our goal, act like we belonged and ride their elevators. Now, these were not your ordinary elevators. They are glass and go outside the building all the way up to the 35th floor. They have such a great view. We could even see the Hollywood sign from the elevator. We rode on two of the elevators and decided to leave, we didn't want to get kicked out. It was really fun and the best part, free.

After that, I was given a tour through downtown LA. It was neat seeing all the buildings and shops. We drove by a few TV or commercial filmings, but couldn't see much. We stopped at a few shops. The first was a Japanese store. Everything was so neat and orderly in the Japanese way. The products were ordered in like groups in order of their price. Workers were going around cleaning everything. Next, we went to a Chinese store. It was the complete opposite. Stuff was everywhere, and not nearly as neat and orderly as the Japanese store. I stopped in a little Chinese souvenir shop. It was a little bit scary. No, I didn't want brass knuckles, a switch blade, or any large sword. Oh, and I definitely didn't want a taser. Not even after he showed it off. And even if I had wanted something like that, I would have had a very hard and illegal time trying to bring it home on the plane. That's about when I decided to leave, who knows what else he had behind the counter.

For dinner, we had homemade pork sandwiches. They were quite good. The dessert was even better though. We had bananas and strawberries dipped in chocolate and with whipped cream on top. It was delicious, and we all had a great time making and consuming our masterpieces.

Tonight, we went to the 99 cent only store. Everything is less than a dollar. They had some pretty good stuff. Our local dollar store was put to shame. I had fun caring around a grabber and picking stuff up. I didn't by it though because it wouldn't fit in my bag home. Speaking of home, I miss you guys, but will be back soon.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Do you think I could have handled the elevator? I think I would have had my eyes closed all the way up and breathed a sigh of relief back at ground floor. But awesome pictures on your link. I can handle that.

Mom