Monday, September 24, 2007

Start of Running Start

Today, it was finally time to go back to the classroom. The day had finally arrived. What were my feelings towards this inevitable event? Well, they were mixed, but leaning more toward being semi-glad to start school again.

The new school year didn't start off very well. On the way to school, I remembered that I had forgotten my schedule. Thankfully, my mom was able to tell me the schedule over the phone. I didn't arrive to the campus early enough to find exactly where all my classes were, but I had a pretty good general idea.

So far, all my classes seem okay. There is one I am not too excited about. It is still a little early to tell though. In my Spanish class my name is Zorro. Why, did I choose this name, I don't know. It was a case of peer pressure mixed with not really knowing many Spanish man names off the top of my head in a pressure situation.

The bus ride home, however, was not so enjoyable. Besides the fact it took over an hour to get to Shelton, it was just the beginning of a long trip home. My poor sister, the whole ride home, she had her shirt pulled up over her nose to block the smell. That amateur, I am such a seasoned bus riding veteran that the smell didn't even bother me that much. My sister and I had to walk home from the bus, it took over an hour. It was hot, our backpacks weighed around 50 pounds, it was up hill, and our house was over 3 miles away. Oh, and did I mention that it was well past lunch time. When we finally did get home, I was glad. Overall, the first day was okay. Getting home however, was a different story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey there zorro!

<3 rosa