Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Dodger Day

Today, I went to a baseball game. Don't worry, it was the real LA team, not the Angels. We went to a Dodgers game. It was a 7:10 pm game against the Padres. It was my first time ever not rooting for the Mariners. I felt like I could freely root for the Dodgers because they are in the other league, and are actually still in the playoff race.

We didn't buy tickets in advance, because it is cheaper to buy them the day of the game at the stadium. It was even cheaper to buy them from scalpers outside the stadium, eight dollars cheaper.

We tried to get to the game in time for batting practice. We went to our seats, in the nosebleed upper deck section, and then me and my cousin went to try to get to left field to get a ball during batting practice. We didn't make it very far. Let me explain. The stadium has lots of levels, ours was the highest. When you try to go to a lower section, they ask to see your ticket. They will only let you go to a lower level if you have the expensive tickets to that level. We were only able to go down one level before they sent us back up, I even tried to explain we just wanted to get a ball from batting practice, but it didn't work. Disappointed, we returned to our seats.

After telling the story to my uncle, he went to ask someone if there was any way to get to batting practice. He was told to tell them you are interested in ordering a bat. I am serious, it was the magic word. At every level, when they asked to see our tickets, we would just say we were interested in ordering a bat. Using this password, we finally made it to the lower section where we could get a ball from batting practice, we were just in time to see them put everything away. Oh well, it was still neat to get to the lower level, and see the $100 and up view. Our seats weren't that bad though.

I liked the stadium, it had a huge TV screen and TV screens on the outfield wall. It seemed high tech. The game itself was good too. The Dodgers won 6 to 1. We left after the 7th inning stretch, because after all, it was a school night for my cousins. In the middle of the game, I used the password again to get to the lower level, but this time I meant it. I really was interested in getting a custom major league bat, until I saw the price tag of 75 dollars. One of the highlights of the game for me was the wave. It circled the stadium four times, and everyone was in to it. It was fun to watch it on the four different levels, usually at all different speeds. Overall, it was a nice game and a even nicer experience.

No comments: