Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Return to Abnormal Normality

Today, the heat finally started to subside. It is still really hot, just not freakishly unnaturally hot. This morning, I helped/encouraged the kids to clean the house a little bit before their parents got home. They did a good job.

After lunch, I went with my cousin as he got ready for his first day of middle school. He got his first locker. It took him a while to get used to opening the lock. I remember my first locker and lock. It was hard to open the lock, but it was harder for me to remember the combinations for my regular and PE locker.

After that, we went to a bookstore while my aunt ran some errands. It was a nice cool place to hangout and read. This afternoon, we went to their neighbors house. She graciously provided the huge pool, and we provided the dinner. It was a fun time of swimming, staying cool, and having taco salad. According to the news, the heat wave is coming to an end. The temperatures should return to normal, if you can even call almost 90 normal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Danny, Maybe you can enjoy Ca. a little more now. I know that hot
weather isn't your cup of tea.
We had a little 5 yr. old in Ca. in 1995.
Grandma and Grandpa