Sunday, September 2, 2007

INside too hot, N' OUTside better, sort of

Today was another scorcher. We went to church in the morning, it was a nice relaxed and friendly environment. After church, we went to Home Depot. They had finally decided to by an air conditioner. They keep telling me this heat is an aberration, that it isn't like this very often. Unfortunately, all the stores are sold out of air conditioners. I guess everyone else beat us to it.

After lunch, we decided to head to the beach to beat the heat. It was glorious. The beach I'm used to has bone chilling water, and it is usually raining. This beach was the complete opposite. The water was warm, and the waves enormous. I went boogie boarding, it was a blast riding 5 foot waves. The only part not so fun was the sand. Now I know where the term sand paper comes from. After a couple hours at the beach, we left to go get some dinner. I finally did it. I went to In-N-Out burger. It was a great experience. We were right next to LAX. The planes would roar by overhead as they were landing. It was dark out, and amazing to look at all the lights of the planes and city. It was basically perfect, in fact, I don't think it could have been any cooler. Well, scratch that, it could have been a ton cooler temperature wise. We got home, the house was super hot inside. I am now sitting outside while I write this while the house is cooling down. Today was a great day, boogie boarding, burgers, sand, sweat, planes, and people.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think sandpaper was used on my stomach

cousin nate

anita said...

your description of your day makes me miss living in southern cali!

Anonymous said...

okay, wow, i'm really jealous. while you were at the beach i was cleaning the bathrooms and mopping the floor at the office building. but hey i am glad you are having so much fun! just don't come back tanner than me.
-sarah