Monday, March 10, 2008

Time Out

Today I was still trying to get used to being on daylight-savings-time. I have yet to get used to it. I have been all out of whack the past few days. It is just so wrong, my body clock is off. And I know some people say you don't lose sleep, but that is not true. At 10:00pm now, it feels like 9:00pm. I am usually not tired at 9:00pm, and I still fall asleep the same 'time' it is just an hour later according to the clocks. I still haven't given in, I will not reset my alarm clock. Instead, I have set my alarm for an hour earlier.

I've been waiting the past couple days to hear back from a scholarship I entered. On their website, they said they would contact the finalists by March 10th which is today. I have been checking my email and their website exponentially the closer the deadline has gotten. I kept checking my email today, wishing for a response from them.

I went to their website to see if I could figure out what timezone they were in. I could then maybe expect when the cutoff time would be for receiving a email from them. When I went to their website, it said finalists had been notified. I was disappointed as I hadn't gotten an email from them.

I clicked on a link so I could see who had won. I opened up a 100 page file, and slowly scrolled down to the results for Washington. I took as long as I could to do so, because I didn't want to face the inevitable of my name not being on the list. I finally got to Washington. I slowly approached the Ls. Khalif, Kukhotskyaya, Laesser, Lamontagne, Lefurgy, Leiseth, Lim it wasn't looking good. Then, there it was. To be more precise, there I was. I was shocked and happy at the same. I also was in pain because my mom was so excited she was slapping my back. I think she was more excited than I was. Hopefully, this is the first of many. Or at least the first of a few.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Dan!
We hope there are many more to follow! We appreciate your character, persistence, and hard work.

Grandma and Grandpa Harrison

Justine said...

Congratulations! Great news.

Anonymous said...

Danny, Congratulations! I'm glad you didn't have to be dissapointed as you schrolled down through the L's. I was holding my breathe as I read through your Blog.

G-ma