Sunday, March 9, 2008

Now you Know

As 'promised' and requested, here is a post about yesterday's computer class.

The night before my final computer class, I decided I would get everything ready. I would find the textbook, and save myself a little bit of time in the morning. After a little looking, I found the textbook. The problem was while it was a textbook, it wasn't the textbook. It was the wrong one. I had mistakenly bought two of one book, and didn't have the book for the class the next day on PowerPoint. I was a bit distraught and majorly overtired. There was nothing I could do that night, or the next day I thought. The bookstore at the campus wouldn't be open on Saturday, and I would have no way of getting the right book.

My mom graciously stayed up late that night looking online to see if she could find a local bookstore that had the book in stock. She couldn't. She got up early and made plans to get a book. She would drive to Bremerton and get my book from the other campus. Bremerton is where the teacher would be teaching us from, and their bookstore is open on Saturdays.

They took the car, so I walked to the class. I actually enjoyed the walk, it was only around a mile. I got to the campus right on time. The tech person, did not however. We had to wait for an hour for the tech person to come let us in the classroom. They then had to dial us up with the teacher at the Bremerton campus. Maybe I should have gone over there with my parents.

The class finally started more than an hour late. The teacher had already starting teaching her students on the Bremerton side, and had to catch us up. A campus security officer then brought me my book. My mom successfully got the right book. I guess she gave it to the security officer to give to me. Thanks mom.

The class went fine. I didn't learn much, but PowerPoint was a more interesting topic than Word. We even got out an hour and a half early. It was still a long time to be in class though, over eight hours. That may explain why I was so tired last night. I fell asleep before dinner on the coach and was woken up to eat dinner. After I ate dinner, I felt less tired. Some time later, I was woken up by my father. I was back on the coach, and had been asleep for almost two hours. It was strange and slightly scary not remembering falling asleep on the coach, or even being on the coach in the first place. That is why I didn't blog about yesterday yesterday. (Yes I meant to write yesterday twice) Now you know.

No comments: