Sunday, March 9, 2008

Oh La La

Today I saw a Northwest legend. If you couldn't guess it by the title, my father and I went to see Ciscoe Morris. As in Ciscoe from the TV show Gardening with Ciscoe. He was funny and interesting to listen to. He talked about different plants and plant care. He is just as funny and intense in person as he is on TV. He told lots of funny stories, most of which ended with an "oh la la". I counted seven such oh la las. The only thing more distracting than his utterances, was the heat. There were around 100 people gathered to see him at the nursery in Olympia. We were all gathered in a greenhouse, not surprising at a nursery, but man was it hot in there.

3 comments:

.justin said...

he's one of my heroes.

i want to grow up to be an old man like that.

a stinking spark plug, he is!

Jim Lofthus said...

I would definitely go see Ciscoe if I had the chance. I drive my family crazy when I watch him. Did you learn anything from him? Are you still running? How about your dad and sister?

Danny said...

Yes, I learned things from Ciscoe. I think the most important thing I learned, is that gardening is not an exact science. He would say things such as give it a try, it may work it may not, that is just my opinion. I think that is what I like about him. He doesn't act like some know-it-all, even though I am sure he is.

As for the still running, the answer is sort of. I was running every day for a period of time. Then I got busy and soccer started. At soccer of course I was running. Now that soccer is over for me, I need to start jogging again.