Thursday, March 27, 2008

Losing Victoriously

Today I went to pickleball as usual. It has become my usual thing, but when school starts next week, I won't be able to go anymore. It will be sad. Knowing it was going to be my last day of pickleball for quite a while, I played as hard as I could.

There is this one man at pickleball that is by far the best. Maybe not by far in doubles, but nobody can touch this guy in singles. I'll admit, I think he has beat me 11-0 several times, okay, I know he has. I have never been able to beat him at singles.

He beat the first guy who played him singles today 11-0 in around 2 minutes. Next it was my turn, and I was determined. I battled and played my hardest. I think he went up 5-2. He would slam the ball to one side of the court. I would sprint to it, and hit it back. He would then slam it to the other side, this would go on and on until one of us made a mistake.

Eventually, I was up 8-7. After a few mental breakdowns, he had the serve at 8-8. After around a half hour battle, he ended up winning 11-8. It was kind of disappointing. After the game, he told me it was the most competitive and best game he had ever played at this pickleball club by far. And with him going there for around a year, that was quite a compliment. It felt good, but not nearly as good as finally beating him would have felt. Especially knowing I will have to wait a long time to battle him again. But he better be ready next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Danny, G-pa says Congratulations! He assumes it was Harlan? G-pa says he had 5 competative games today. Pickle Ball will soon be over here and we'll be on our way home. Hurray!
G-ma