Thursday, December 27, 2007

The Runs Continue

Today, my Uncle took me on a challenging run. Well, it was challenging for me, not sure how challenging it was for him. Basically, I haven't been jogging lately, as in several months lately. Today was day two of my jogging streak.

Today's run was a trail run, up a steep "cliff". It was also near freezing when we started. I jogged for as long as I could up this steep incline, but after a fairly short while my body shut down. My lungs hurt, my legs burned all over (not in a good way), I had a stomach ache, and felt nauseated. I was able to walk, barely though. It was a semi-brisk walk, I think if I would have stopped completely, I would have to had been carried or rolled down the trail.

Eventually, I felt better. I was able to jog the last bit, and get to the top of the two mile trail. At the top, we had reached snow level. There was an inch or two of snow on the ground, and it was snowing. I spotted a drinking fountain, but it didn't work. Going back was much easier. I was feeling better, and had finally warmed up. That, and it was all down hill. After the run, I felt good. I think it shall become a habitual activity of mine. Thanks Uncle Jim.

For your viewing pleasure, or displeasure, there is a video of me jogging my Uncle made. Now, if you watch it, take into consideration at the time I was short on oxygen, energy, and water, and the dialogue was improvised. You can visit his blog, and watch the short clip right here.

And if you enjoyed that, you can watch the previous episode right here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The video is based on actual events. Some of the audio has been remixed for dramatic purposes