Friday, December 7, 2007

Paper Problems

With today being my last day of classes for the quarter, I had a major essay due for my Writing 102 class. The topic, why/how the Seattle Sonics should stay in Washington, but that is not relevant to this "story". What is relevant, the essay was due today. This means last night/early this morning I had to put on the "finishing" touches.

Now, while maybe I procrastinated a little bit on the time I started finishing my essay yesterday, I had been diligently working on it for the past couple of weeks. I was finally done with the essay, it was all polished up. I thought it was almost time to go to sleep, much needed sleep. But I was only deceiving myself.

I had problems formatting the Works Cited page, I finally allowed the machine to win. Now, time to print. Oh wait, no paper. Well, there was legal paper, a bunch of it. I really have no clue why we only had legal paper in such large quantities. So, I had to hand cut my own paper to size. Okay printing. Wait, one little error in the formatting I have to fix, time to cut more paper. Now time to staple, where is the stapler? After all that, I needed a paper clip, one measly paper clip. After searching high and low, I was finally able to find one paper clip. I could finally go to bed. Not only had I finished my essay, I had learned a valuable lesson in patience and paper procrastination.

No comments: