Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Maxed Out

Today was the annual day after Christmas jog. Every year, my father and I jog with our uncle. Today, the tradition lived on. We went two miles braving the near freezing temperatures and scary squirrels. It becomes scary when little tiny rodents are not afraid of you, and actually act semi-aggressive towards you. I lost count after 15 of these scary squirrels. I hope to continue this new one-day habit of jogging. You can watch a movie clip here.

I also went with my family and cousins family to downtown Portland. There I met the MAX. I when I say meet the MAX, I mean meet the MAX. The MAX actually almost hit me. You see, the crosswalk was a blinking hand, the sign to hurry out of the crosswalk. We ran across, but as we were about halfway across, the hand stopped blinking, a do not walk sign. We hurried across, and literally seconds after we had crossed, the MAX went racing by. It was close, especially since I had not clue a train was fast approaching, it was too close. The MAX is a silent killer, you don't even hear it coming.

Yes, it was an eventful day. A life altering, and life flashing before my eyes sort of day. Tomorrow, it is supposed to snow. I am also planning to go on a long run with my Uncle, we shall see how this goes.

No comments: