Thursday, December 6, 2007

"Free" Meal

Today, I got a free meal. Literally, I mean a free meal at a fancyish restaurant. To be more precise, an all you can eat Chinese Buffet. Why was the meal free? Well, if I went to a "presentation" of fire safety, I would be able to stuff myself at the all you can eat buffet while the speech is going on.

Basically, they want to sell you something. In this case, a "high-tech, submersible in water, cleanable, super sleek" drum role... fire alarm system. So, in a way the meal wasn't free, I had to sit there and listen to his speech for an hour and a half. Now, I will admit, the man was good. Although, his scare tactics, movie clips, and lighting of things on fire didn't impress me too much. It was actually slightly humorous to be sitting through a meal watching a slide show of houses burning down, while loud, I assume fire related, noises were going on in the background.

Unlike my father, I don't think the annoying answerer-blurter-outer lady was planted in the audience. I just think she was annoying. Speaking of which, not the annoying part - but the audience part, I would say the average age was 65. I am serious. Overall, I think it was worth it for the food. I have to wait though to see if I am able to finish my homework for tonight to decided how "free" this meal really was. It was also disappointing I didn't win any door prizes. I was all ready to yell out the answer 55.8%, the supposed failure rate of "average" fire alarms, but I was sad I didn't win.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Danny- I'm glad you thought it was worth it to sit through the "demonstration" to get the good meal. And like the man said, if you want free meals for a lifetime, you can keep bringing friends to listen to their presentation. What a deal!
G-ma