Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Pickleballing

Today, it was time to dust off the old pickleball paddle and don my pickleball uniform. Yes, I could finally return to those hallowed courts. You see, Tuesday and Thursday are pickleball days, yet my schools haven't seemed to realize this. But now I am finally on break, so I can play to my hearts content.

I must admit, it showed that I hadn't played for a couple months. My game was a little rusty. Although, I think it helps that I am the youngest one there by 50 years. Youth is on my side, but don't get me wrong, those "old" guys can ball. In the first game, being a little over zealous, I pulled a muscle in my leg overextending on a dink shot. This was nothing major, and yes I did return the ball over the net, but it eventually hindered my game. So did being low on water, oxygen, and energy. After 2 hours straight of battling, it was time to call it a day. And what a glorious day.

I was glad to finally be able to play the sport I love so much again. Rustiness aside, I made quite a few good shots. The best news of all, the next pickleball battle is just a few days away.

No comments: