Thursday, December 13, 2007

Mall Musings

Today, I went to the mall. Well, more like I went in the mall. I didn't even go in a single store, I sat on a bench while I waited for my sister to finish her shopping. Now, I must admit, I am not a big mall fan. It is just too hectic. And, a lot of times it is rather depressing to think of so much money being wasted on pointless things.

As I sat on the bench, I saw person after person walk by weighed down with bags full of stuff. Now, I like the Christmas season, and gift giving, but I feel like it has taken over, and evolved into a monster. I wonder if the people have enough money to afford the things they buy. Sitting on the bench contemplating all these things must have been the reason the old man stopped to mumble some incoherent nonsense to me about needing to be happier, maybe I had a bewildered look upon my face, or maybe I just wasn't doing a good job of waiting patiently for my sister.

My sister did make a nice purchase, I just thought I should throw that in.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Thanks for driving, Dan! Couldn't have done it without you.