Monday, December 24, 2007

Eventful Christmas Eve

Today was an eventful Christmas Eve. Last night/early this morning I was up late/early watching a show with my siblings, so I slept in this morning/early afternoon. Once I got up though, things really got busy.

I stopped by the bank to get some money, this is usually something that comes in handy during the holiday season. Next, I'll admit, I went to Wal-Mart again. Needless to say, it was extremely crowded. As in cars circling the parking lot looking for a space to park crowded. I had wisely parked in another parking lot, and hiked in. Actually, it wasn't that wise because I almost got ran over, seriously.

After purchasing some last minute gifts, I drove my sister to drop off a gift at a friend's house. After finally getting back home, it was time to wrap gifts and peel potatoes. You see, we were having a "Thanksgiving" meal for Christmas.

The meal was amazing. I hate to say it, but it was better than the Thanksgiving meal. I mean, the Thanksgiving meal was fabulous, and I am not trying to take anything away from it, but it just shows how great today's meal was. After stuffing myself, we stopped by a relatives house, and said "hello".

Now, it is time to open presents. I believe most people do this Christmas morning, but we don't. Every Christmas morning we drive down to Oregon to be with our relatives, so we open our presents Christmas Eve. After opening the presents, cleaning up from opening the presents, and packing for the trip tomorrow, I think today will have finally come to an end, a very eventful end.

No comments: