Saturday, May 24, 2008

Saturday of Stuff

Today was an eventful day. I woke up early, without even using an alarm, to be able to go to a relatives garage sale. While I was waiting, I found a really good deal on Mariners tickets on eBay from the same seller I bought some tickets from before. I was in a bidding war at 7:25am in the morning, and I decided to let someone else win.

I then went to the garage sale. This was a garage sale for the ages. It was huge. The had all sorts of good things at great prices. It was fun perusing through the mountains of stuff. I also entered an art piece of mine in a local art show. I believe it is the first time I have ever entered a masterpiece of mine in an art show. It worked out that I didn't get the Mariners tickets because I found out later today I have another scholarship interview on the day that the game would have been.

I then went and worked at my grandparent's house with my dad. We were helping to see if their new cabinets will fit correctly. After that, we hauled 30 boxes of flooring upstairs so it could acclimate. That is a lot of boxes, and a lot of times up and down stairs.

Then after a quick stop at home, it was off to another job. I told the person I would do this job within two weeks, with that time period ending tomorrow. I have been really busy. Thankfully, my dad helped me with this job. It involved moving brush and limbs from a tree that had been cut down. It was a hard, dirty job, and probably one that shouldn't have been done in shorts and a tee shirt. Olive oil works great for getting pitch off your hands and skin.

After cleaning myself up, my family headed to a party a friend was holding. It was a fun party and the ending to a very busy day. The only unfortunate part is although I accomplished a lot today, I didn't do any of the things I have to do before the school week returns.

No comments: