Sunday, May 4, 2008

Prim Trim and Rollable Downable

Today my father and I did some work on the front lawn. The weather was nice, and it is that time of year. We have these three shrubs that border our property. For years they have just sat there. Well, actually one died and another was transplanted. But they basically sat there untrimmed.

But today was the day. My dad had gotten one of those large-pair-of-scissor-things, and started shaping the bushes. At first, he made them rectangular. I took over, and sort of on purpose, sort of not on purpose, made them circular. I think they turned out quite nicely, and it should have been done a long time ago.

For the past couple of months, the driver side window in our car hasn't gone down. The tinting was taken off, and it left the window gunky. This glue stuff didn't want to come off, and so the window didn't want to go down.

I decide enough was enough. I wanted to once again be able to feel the breeze on my face, be able to go through drive-throughs, and not worry what I would do if I got pulled over. There are some of those jobs where when you finish, you wonder why you put if off for so long. This was not one of those jobs. It took literally an hour of scrubbing to clean the window. It was worth the work, and can't wait to use the window tomorrow.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Nice work! Way to jump in there and get it done.