Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Plebeian Problems

Some days, you just seem to have that task you just don't want to do. Today, it was my writing homework. Other times it is tasks such as cleaning my room, doing the dishes, and/or going jogging. Even though it may not take that long, or be too hard, it can be really hard to muster up the energy to do these simple tasks.

Thankfully, I am done with my homework, my room is fairly clean, and I am contemplating going jogging. Now, if only the same could be said for the kitchen being all the way clean. I guess there is always tomorrow.

But jobs seem to be perpetuating into infinity, there is always tomorrow as far as the kitchen job is concerned, same with my room. It never can stay perfectly clean for more than a instant. Maybe these jobs can never truly be done, only continued. Maybe I can never escape from the evilness that is the never-ending, mundane, annoying, daunting, monotonous, plebeian jobs that consume me.

3 comments:

Nate said...

this simple truism seems so deep and epic when you write.

Anonymous said...

Danny- It looks like you have the picture. You are a good worker.
G-ma

AJ said...

Dan is the man!