Saturday, November 17, 2007

MudBowled Over

Today, I partook in the first annual MudBowl. It was also my first football game ever played. Well, I guess it depends on which futbal you are talking about. Did I play as well as I expected? I don't know, literally. I had no expectations, nothing to judge or know how well I did, nothing to compare to.

It was a fun game of flag football, adults vs. students. My personal highlight was the one time I was passed the ball, and I caught it. Not only did I catch it, I ran with the ball quite a ways down the field, and stiff armed two opponents in the process. I was also the quarterback for one pass. Well actually, more like quarterback for one sack. I didn't exactly know the play we were running, and the next thing I knew, someone had ripped off my flag.

Unfortunately, my team didn't win. The "old men" team won. Disappointed? A little bit. Our team got crushed as did my face. I mean I probably took at least a dozen shots to the cranium, none hurt too bad, but compounded they did a little. Thankfully, nobody out there died or got hurt badly, which is a little bit surprising. Although it was flag football, it kind of broke down into tackle after a while. I mean, after you tackled them, it was much easier to remove their flag. Thankfully, the weather stayed decent. After the game ended, it started raining fairly hard. Symbolic, I think so.

I would deem MudBowl a smashing hit: by the adults to the students ego, the final score 32:24 or 32:16 depending on who you ask, by the time I got elbowed in the face, but most of all by how much fun it was.

3 comments:

AJ said...

Thanks for coming danny would you like to do it again?

Danny said...

sure, is there a rematch in the works?

Nate said...

annual-it means yearly

that means we'll have to challenge them to a different game, maybe a game that is not so dependent on weight.