Thursday, November 29, 2007

Debatable Debate

Today, I went to a debate at the college for extra credit. Now, I must admit I wasn't excited or interested in the topic at all. It was about private vs. public funding for election campaigns. I almost didn't get to go at all. I mistakenly went to the wrong room, and was watching the wrong presentation. I figured it out soon enough to make it to the debate one door over.

Speaking of the debate. I found the topic very interesting, and actually really enjoyed the debate. I am not sure exactly what I believe about the topic. I was swayed to one side more, but I think that was because I liked the speaker better. This got me to thinking, What influences one more, content or charisma?

One speaker was rude, arrogant, and abrasive. The other, kinder and humbler. Did this sway my thinking? Should it have? My answer to these questions, debatable.

No comments: