Friday, October 12, 2007

Silly Syllabi

I reaffirmed a good life lesson today. Here I was sitting in Spanish, our class was studying for our first test on Monday. The teacher didn't say anything about notes, so that basically means you can't use them.

I was confused, well more confused than usual for spanish anyway. In the class syllabi, I had read about using notes on one test. So, after class, I went up to the professor, professora more correctly, and asked her. She seemed confused. What was I saying about notes? I showed her my copy of her classes syllabus. Turns out, she didn't mean to put that in there. She had no clue it was in the syllabus, she had been copying and pasting from another syllabus. So the moral of this story, read the syllabus, especially if you are the teacher.

No comments: