Saturday, November 22, 2008

Lost if Won

Today my soccer team had a playoff game. Quite a few of the players on my team are also on another team, and they had a game right before mine. I found myself rooting for the other team, even though it was against some of my teammates.

I wasn't trying to be mean, but if their team won it wouldn't have been good. That would have meant that the next game, assuming my team won as well, quite a few of the players would have been on both teams, and it would have not been good for either team.

It turns out, a major catastrophe was avoided because their team lost. Now, my team just had to win. I had a nice assist that led to the first goal of the game. The game went back and forth, but in the end my team was victorious 5-4. If we win our next game tomorrow, we will be in the championship.

No comments: