Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Acrostically Awakened

Today I vaguely remember my alarm clock going off at the normal Wednesday time. What I don't remember is turning my alarm off, I think I thought I was hitting the snooze button. I somehow woke up 20 minutes later and was still able to make it to my class. I am really surprised that I only slept 20 extra minutes and voluntarily woke up in time to still get to class.

With some of my free time today I decided to do something I have wanted to do for the past couple days. The other day I tried drawing, today I tried poem writing. I believe it was the first time I ever decided to write poems by my own personal choice. The first poem I really struggled with creating, and only ended up happy with the title. Here is the second poem I wrote after winning a game of ping-pong that went in to decuple (10) overtime.

Battle of the Paddle

Players choose a side
Initiate game
Net is crossed by ball
Got to get it back

Points are scored
On and on it goes
Neither player wants to lose
Game Over

4 comments:

Mary said...

Duh, it took me a minute to catch the acrostic. Nice work. Do you have a notebook to carry around? You need to keep writing.

Justine said...

PING PONG! I missed the acrostic, too. I was wondering why it didn't rhyme. You're good. ;)

Justine said...

And I just re-read the title of this post. Oy. I'm daft.

Anonymous said...

I always motivated by you, your views and way of thinking, again, thanks for this nice post.

- Norman