Saturday, November 8, 2008

Along for the Ride

I had it all planned out to go home for the weekend. I don't have classes on Tuesday, and my main Monday class was cancelled. I could leave Friday, and be with my family until Tuesday. It would have worked out great, except that my family went down to Oregon to visit my brother during his college's family weekend, so nobody would be home. It is disappointing not to be able to visit my family.

But tonight, I was able to "be with them" using Skype. It was fun, yet slightly bizarre, to see my family and cousins my family are staying with. It was probably more weird for them carrying me around on their laptop. I almost got dizzy when the spun me around on the lazy susan. While it is too bad I didn't get to be with my family literally this weekend, it was nice to get to be with them through Skype. And thankfully Thanksgiving is coming up soon so I can actually see my family and relatives face to face.

1 comment:

rod and jean said...

Sorry about the trip home not working out, Danny. We haven't been to Shelton since July, and probably won't visit until late December! I enjoy reading your blog faithfully, even if I don't reply very often. We hope you have a good year at Western.