Sunday, July 29, 2007

Driving Rage

I finally got to try out my new golf club today. About three weeks ago, my Dad bought me a brand new driver. We've been busy, so I haven't been able to try it out. Today, we had some time, so we went to the driving range. I was really exited to try it out, maybe too excited. Every swing, I would swing as hard as I could. Once in a while I would get a good, straight drive, but most of them sliced viciously into the woods, or barely dribbled a few feet in front of me. The more this happened, the more frustrated I got. I kept swinging harder and harder, the golf balls kept veering into the woods. When I ran out of golf balls, even though most of my shots weren't that good, I still was glad I went. I finally got to try out my new club. I believe I learned a good lesson out on the driving range today, sometimes when you try too hard, you fail. Sometimes it is better to step back and relax. Getting mad and frustrated doesn't help in any situation, especially golf.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for driving us to the range today. From one wicked slicer to another, don't give up on getting things straightened out.

Pops