Sunday, July 22, 2007

Costco Food Court Etiquette

Today while at the Costco food court, my pops and I were discussing proper food court etiquette. He said there weren't any rules, so I decided to come up with my own. It is my theory that:

-you shouldn't send one member of a group to "stake out" a table for the group.

What about all the people in front of you? Where will they sit? It also is rather annoying when you are looking for a table and there is one person "reserving" a table for other people. So basically they aren't eating, are no way close to leaving, and are taking up an entire table. This reminds me of traffic jams. A lot of them are caused by people who won't merge until the last second, and make the person behind them slow down. This braking ripples all the way back and causes the back up in the first place. So, they are causing what they are trying to avoid.

In situations such as these, I wonder if people don't think about how their actions affect others, or if they don't care. I would like to try to think of others more than myself.

No comments: